Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners- Kitchen Valance
Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Sewing is quite addictive and the possibilities for easy sewing projects for beginners are endless! You can make Halloween costumes for your children, or a quilt to pass down from generation to generation. You can even get started with simple t-shirts, and skirts that are inspired by today’s fashions.
Picking an easy sewing project for beginners is simple with our help! Let’s get started with our first suggestion:
A kitchen valance can bring a splash of color and add a flare design to any dull kitchen. They basically hang above the window by your sink, or any other window you might have in your kitchen. If you can sew a straight seam, you can make a simple kitchen valance in minutes.
Here's how to do it:
Get started with a fabric that is approximately a foot wider than your kitchen's window.
1. Fold this fabric in half.
2. Sew a seam along the bottom, top, and on the sides.
3. Turn the piece over so that the bottom (this is where open ends are sewn together) now lies at the top.
4. Fold your new top down to enable you make a big enough casing which you can slip in the curtain's rod.
5. Next sew across the casing's bottom.
You’ve done it, you’ve made your first kitchen valance. Now you can add style to your kitchen at any time of year. Add a few matching accessories, such as oven mitts and kitchen towels, and your kitchen has a completely new look.
- Find the top rated product.
- Read the reviews.
- Read Reviews